Saturday, June 12, 2010

to market, to market


to buy a fat pig! Well, technically we didn't buy a pig but we saw plenty of them. Scared my poor boy a little bit to start with given the size but before too long he was letting them sniff and nudge his hand and trying to clamber over the fences so that he could get into their sty and pat them.

We headed to the Farmer's Market at the Collingwood Children's Farm today, braving the rain and mud, and we had a great time. Lots of yummy food, nothing like pancakes fresh off the bbq, and lots of animals to keep us entertained.



Of course each time the sheep were glimpsed we had to sing "baa baa black sheep" and all make "baa" noises. I loved the pony, although nobody else seemed particularly taken with him.



The fun was had when we entered a little garden that was full of ducks, chickens and geese roaming freely.






I hate birds that are bigger than budgies but I sucked it up and trailed along behind my boys as they chased and petted as many fowl as possible. Highlight was my darling boy looking at the chickens and saying "mmm, chicken, YUMMY!!!!!"

The rain looked so beautiful on the grass that I couldn't help myself, I had to capture them on film.

No comments:

Post a Comment